In 2009 Atul Gawande authored a great little book, The Checklist Manifesto. I ingested it. Well, I’m fanatical about checklists! As the publicity around the book stated: Now innovative checklists are being adopted in hospitals around the world, helping doctors and nurses respond to everything from flu epidemics to avalanches. Even in the immensely complex world of surgery, a simple 90-second variant has cut the rate of fatalities by more than a third. (my quick review of the book here)
So I thought it might be helpful to pull together some checklists around a theme – this week it’s Acquisitions.
- Avoiding Post-acquisition Cost Overruns
- Looking Forward Not Back Checklist
- Negotiations – A Checklist to Improve the Odds
- Pricing Meeting Agenda Items
- Mergers & Acquisitions – A Hidden Challenge – The Digital Content Issues
- M&A – The Internal Communication Nightmare
- The Horrible Habits of Most Acquirers
- Operational Tricks Supporting Successful Acquisitions
- Acquisition Questions Your Investment Bank Won’t Touch
- Post-acquisition – The Culture Problem
Our Acquisition Approvals Model captures this approach and more.
Reach out to discuss your Acquisition challenges – Ian@TPPBoston.com. We have a deep bench of C -Suite execs with deep operational M&A experience.